Health and safety is non-negotiable and StraitNZ is committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors at our sites, in our vehicles, and onboard our vessels.
Our dedicated health and safety team ensure our procedures are in line with industry best practice:
- Our approach to health and safety is proactive, with ongoing hazard identification and risk mitigation.
- Maintenance programmes ensure a fit for purpose, safe truck fleet, monitored at all times through E-Road.
- Training, skills testing and continuous monitoring through in-cab assessments for drivers is supported by a fatigue management programme.
- Bluebridge ships' class audits are in line with Marpol compliance to ensure the safety of passengers and workers.
- We foster an inclusive working environment that respects and values our people. This is reinforced through our prevention of bullying, harassment and discrimination policy.
- StraitNZ and ACC work together, with a focus on injury prevention and development of rehabilitation programmes for those recovering from injury and illness.
- A 100% drug and alcohol-free environment is crucial to staying safe. We undertake reasonable cause testing, post-incident testing and conduct random drug and alcohol testing.
- We're committed to conducting business operations in an environmentally sustainable manner. We maintain full aspect and impact registers to monitor and mitigate any risk to the environment.
StraitNZ continues to work closely with national regulators such as Maritime New Zealand, WorkSafe, New Zealand Transport Agency and the CVST Unit of the NZ Police to ensure compliance across our operation.